About Me

My photo
I recently graduated with an MBA and an M.S. Information Systems from Boston University, concentrating in Marketing and Business Analytics. I also live on a boat and have a Boston Terrier named Maracas.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

iPhone Apps for Business Students - Day 7


Day 7 – frustration
1:15 am
Here is the first chapter of the tutorial that I am making.  It is very simple and will show you how great it is to work with the Storyboard function of Xcode.  The app is very, very simple.  It's really there to get you comfortable with using Xcode, especially if this is your first time programming anything.  Also, here is the actual file in case you want to see a working app.  Have fun with it and let me know what you think of the tutorial!


As far as my actual programming:


Man, I was thinking that this was going to be easy.  I have been watching the Stanford classes on iTunes and have been getting my hands dirty with Xcode but I am starting to hit a lot of walls.  This is hard stuff.  Anyway, I finished programming a calculator and am starting to understand how to store values.  This will be critical when I start asking users to add information into the app and the database.  Also, I have been trying to get the authentication process going, but for some reason my mind is crashing.  It’s like I am getting the blue screen of death as soon as I start reading the code that retrieves information from AWS.
Anyway, I’m sure the beer doesn’t help, even when it’s a Racer 5.


Here's a picture of Maracas that I am hoping will turn into a meme.



No comments:

Post a Comment