About Me

My photo
I recently graduated with an MBA and an M.S. Information Systems from Boston University, concentrating in Marketing and Business Analytics. I also live on a boat and have a Boston Terrier named Maracas.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

iPhone Apps for Business Students - Day 6


Day 6 – on the phone
12:11 pm
I was able to register as a developer through my school.  This has allowed me to test the app on an actual phone, so it’s pretty cool to see something I made on my iPhone. Also, I managed to make the app talk back and forth with AWS.  I’m getting very comfortable with Xcode and am diving deeper into the programming.  This coming week, I will be playing with some of the logic and actual user interface.  Also, I will be trying to make the logging of appliances and electronics actually work.
I have realized that learning how to code for the iPhone is pretty cool and easy at first, but the deeper you dig, the WAY more difficult it gets.  I have been a little frustrated lately.  I guess that if it was easy, anyone could do it.  But, shouldn't anyone be able to program?  We would live in a world full of amazing things or a world full of crappy apps.  I guess that's why they keep programming hard.  As it is, there is already a bunch of crap.
Anyway, people seem to like Maracas, so here she is poking out of a port hole:

No comments:

Post a Comment